Friday, January 29, 2010

little known facts...



... I have a love of comic books and graphic novels. Partly for the different means of telling a story, partly because I'm a very visual person and I love to see how others imagine things.


I also know who Wizards of the Coast are but I'm not a gamer, but that's for another time.


Today I discovered the work of Tim Mcburnie and I recommend you do too. He has been working for the last 5 years in the French comic book scene, where comic books have a very different rep.






Having worked on a variety of projects, his current work on a fantasy comic is what has caught my attention.


I chose to show these three images as an example of his representation of women. I love the strength and complexity of the character, like they have distinct stories all of their own. That can still be hard to find...


If you want to see more of his work you can find it either on his portfolio or his blog.

No comments: