Thursday, March 31, 2011

weekend fun...



Next week sees an event of great sadness for Adelaide, at least in my opinion. One of our stunningly talented immigrants will be leaving our shores to go study in England. Humna is a henna artist, and I have been blessed to know her and her amazing work.






Just before my son was born 1 1/2 years ago Humna created a stunning piece of henna art on my pregnant belly. It was such a stunning way to spend an afternoon, snacking and talking about stories and children and religion and faith and the world.
silk threads for a new project I'm working on





So, to lighten her load she held a garage sale on Sunday. I collected a few gems for myself and my Mum but really enjoyed the opportunity to play some music with Morgan and then also with Shell Kira and Dylan James of The Wandering Minstrels. It was lovely to be surrounded by music, fruit trees and children paying while Humna's students gave henna tattoo's to all who came. To top it all off the weather was perfect!
some stunning pieces of fabric for my Mum :)



You can see more of her amazing work here -
http://www.diyastudio.com
 and here -
http://www.hennacraft.com.au




You will be missed Humna!

No comments: